Kumbhalgarh Fort is a Mewar fortress in the Rajsamand District of Rajasthan state in western India. It is an World Heritage Site included in Hill Forts of Rajasthan. Built during the course of the 15th century by Rana Kumbha and enlarged through the 19th century, Kumbhalgarh is also the birthplace of Maharana Pratap, the great king and warrior of Mewar. Occupied until the late 19th century, the fort is now open to the public and is spectacularly lit for a few minutes each evening. Kumbalgarh is situated 82 km northwest of Udaipur by road. It is the most important fort in Mewar after Chittaurgarh.
Ranakpur is a village located in Desuri tehsil near Sadri town in the Pali district of Rajasthan in western India Ranakpur is widely known for its marble Jain temple, said to be the most spectacular of the Jain temples. There is also a small Sun temple which is managed by the Udaipur royal family trust. The construction is well documented in a 1437 CE copper-plate record, inscriptions in the temple and a Sanskrit text Soma-Saubhagya Kavya. Inspired by a dream of a celestial vehicle, Dhanna Shah, a Porwal, commenced its construction, under the patronage of Rana Kumbha, then ruler of Mewar. The architect who oversaw the project was named Deepaka. There is an inscription on a pillar near the main shrine stating that in 1439 Deepaka, an architect, constructed the temple at the direction of Dharanka, a devoted Jain. When the ground floor was completed, Acharya Soma Sundar Suri of Tapa Gachha supervised the ceremonies, which are described in Soma-Saubhagya Kavya. The construction continued until 1458AD. Māru-Gurjara Architecture show the deep understanding of structures and refined skills of Rajasthani craftmen of bygone era. Māru-Gurjara Architecture has two prominent styles Maha-Maru and Maru-Gurjara
Haldighati is a mountain pass in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan in western India. It connects Rajsamand and Pali districts. The name is believed to have come from the turmeric-coloured yellow soil The mountain pass is historically significant as the location of the historic Battle of Haldighati, which took place in 1576 between Rana Pratap Singh of Mewar and Raja Man Singh of Amber, general of the Mughal emperor Akbar. The Government of India commissioned the construction of Maharana Pratap National Memorial in the year 1997, and in June 2009 the monument was finally dedicated.The memorial features a bronze statue of the Maharana astride his favourite horse, “Chetak”.
Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is in the Rajsamand District of Rajasthan state in western India and surrounds the Kumbhalgarh fortress and covers an area of 578 km2 (223 sq mi). The sanctuary extends across the Aravalli Range, covering parts of Rajsamand, Udaipur, and Pali districts, ranging from 500 to 1,300 metres (1,600 to 4,300 ft) elevation. It takes name after the impressive historic fort of Kumbhalgarh, which come into view over the Park. It is 578 km2 (223 sq mi) in area and at an altitude of 500 to 1,300 metres (1,600 to 4,300 ft). It is home to a very large variety of wild life, some of which are highly endangered species. The wild life includes wolf, leopards, sloth bear, hyena, jackal, jungle cat, sambhar, nilgai, chausingha (the four horned antelope), chinkara and hare. The bird life at Kumbhalgarh is also gratifying. The normally shy and untrusting grey jungle fowl can be spotted here. Peacocks and Doves can be sighted regularly feeding on grains scattered by the jungle guards. Bird like the red spur owls, Parakeets, golden Oriole, grey Pigeons, Bulbul, Dove and white breasted kingfisher can also be seen near the water holes. Kumbhalgarh’s natural beauty is attracting many tourists and especially for its accessibility from Udaipur, which is 100 km from here. Foot tracking and horse safari organised by local tour operators are proving to be very popular. A typical safari route enters the sanctuary from the Kumbhalgarh Fort and cutting across the sanctuary it reaches Ghanerao, and then borders an old abandoned road. On this road, one can sight Chinkaras, Neelgais, four horned Antelope and many birds. Many Tourist visit the Kumbhalgarh Fort plus a lion safari can provide additional attraction.
It is one of the beautiful place on the peak of the hill. It is believed that Parshu Ram prayed Lord Shiva at this place. It is a beautiful place surrounded by green hills. To reach the temple (which is a cave made by Parshu Ram with the stroke of his weapon Pharsha), pilgrims have to ascend a distance of around four km. Near by area is protected by forest department as wild life sanctuary. It is about 80 kms from Rajsamand, situated near the town Sadri on the way to Jodhpur.
Veeron ka math 25 K.M From Lal Bagh (Banas start point)
Veero ka math is the origine of Banas River and flows along its entire length through Rajasthan. Banas is a major tributary of the River Chambal, the two rivers meeting near village Rameshwar in Khandar Block in Sawai Madhopur District. The total length of the river is about 512 km. Which is situated in Aravalli mountains range. The Aravalli range are the oldest fold mountains in India.The northern end of the range continues as isolated hills and rocky ridges into Haryana state, ending in Delhi.
About 38 kms north to Rajsamand and 40 km from Hotel lake alpi, on the road leading to Jodhpur lies an old famous temple of Charbhuja Nath, a Vishnu temple built in 1444 AD. As per the inscription placed inside the temple, name of the village was Badri, therefore, the idol is considered as BadriNath. The deity of Charbhuja Nath is considered to be miraculous. Thousands of pilgrims visit here and make pledged before it in order to enjoy the favour of diety. A large fair is held here every year on Bhadrapad Ekadashi i.e. Jhaljhoolani Ekadashi. The town is also called Charbhuja after the name of the deity.
As with the Shrinathji at Nathdwara, the idol of Dwarikadheesh ji was installed in a new temple at Kankroli in V.S.1726, the town nestles by the beautiful lake of Rajsamand, which was built by Maharana Raj Singh. History reveals that the king Ambrish worshipped Prabhu Dwarikadheesh at Arbuda hills [Mount Abu ] from where the deity was shifted by various devotees finally to Mahaprabhu Vallabhacharya ji. The third grand son of Vallabhacharya, Shri Bal Krishna Lal ji took the possession of the deity and since then, Kankroli is known as third peeth of vaishnav religion or "SHUDDHADWAIT" or "PUSHTIMARG".
Devkul Paton Nagri:The Town of Gods
The principality of Delwara was given out to Raja Sajja Singh, one of the lieutenant of Maharana Pratap, after the 'Battle of Haldighati' in 1576. First a rudimentary palace was built by Raghudev Singh II, which was later revamped a few years later in 1760s for a royal visit of the Maharani of Udaipur. The seven-storeyed hilltop fort palace in Rajasthani architecture was built in the 1760s.
Delwara was originally known as devkul paton nagri which means the town of god. And true to its name the town boasted of about 1000 temples (mandir) at one time, out of which there Were about 400 Jain mandir. Raja Sampriti (the king of Mewar) Built about 1-lakh mandir during his reign. In fact even today every street in Delwara has at least one mandir. The Kingdom of Mewar was originally divided into 16 rajwadas or districts. Delwara was one of the 16 rajwadas. Along with Badi Sadri and Gogunda. Delwara was ruled by the Jhala Rajputs. The Jhala family was known for its bravery and valor. As many as 7 generations of the Jhala family had been sacrificing their lives for Maharanas. The rulers at the time of the construction of the famous Jain mandir were Maharana Mokal then Maharana Lakha and then Maharana Kumbha. Delwara, Nagdha and Aayad were the centers of learning and culture during the fifteen-century. Delwara was a large town and spread from Gandharva sagar talab to Nagda. Today only 25 % of the original town remains.
Rajsamand Lake (also known as Rajsamudra Lake) is a lake situated near the town of Rajsamand in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Built in the 17th century, it is approximately 1.75 miles (2.82 km) wide, 4 miles (6.4 km) long and 60 feet (18 m) deep. The lake was built across the Gomati, Kelwa, and Tali Rivers, with a catchment area of approximately 196 sq mi (510 km2). Rajsamand Lake is one of the five popular lakes of Mewar. Rajsamand Lake was built by Maharana Raj Singh in 1660. Also on the embankment of the lake are nine pavilions or 'Nauchowki' (nine Ghats), which were constructed by Maharana Raj Singh. These beautifully carved pavilions are festooned with pictures of the Sun, chariots, gods, birds and detailed carvings. The history of Mewar is inscribed in 1017 stanzas, on twenty-seven marble slabs, that are called the 'Raj Prasasti'. It has also been acclaimed as one of the longest etchings in India. Rajsamand Lake was also made the seaplane base of Imperial Airways during World War II, for over six years. At the time of sunset, the waters of the lake glitter with the startling light of the sun
Eklingji is a Hindu temple complex in Udaipur District of Rajasthan in western India. Eklingji is believed to be the ruling deity of Mewar Princely State and the Ruler Maharana rules as his Dewan. Begun in 971, the temple complex was built by the Guhila (later called Sesodia) dynasty of Mewar, in honor of their presiding deity Eklingji, a form of Lord Shiva. The beautifully sculpted temple complex includes 108 temples within its high walls. The main temple, which dates to the 15th century, was rebuilt from the ruins of an earlier destroyed temple. The walled complex is made of marble and granite and has an enormous double-storied, elaborately pillared hall or "mandap" under a vast pyramidal roof, with a four-faced image of Lord Shiva in black marble. Another temple in the complex is the Lakulish Temple; built in 971, it is the only temple of the Lakulish sect in the whole of India.
Rana Raj Singh I (1652-1680) displayed passionate love for music that is distinctly visible in the art and specially architecture of his reign. The 'Nauchauki' pavilion, the artistic monuments constructed along the banks of Lake Rajsamand stand testament to the late Rana's interest in visual depictions. The Rana himself composed a set of miscellaneous verses known as 'Kutkal Chand'. 'Chappay' a type of metre composed by him can be seen inscribed in the balcony of the palace at Rajsamand. Rana Raj Singh I had an indirect though effective role to play in introducing the tradition of the temple music of Vallabh Sampradaya. Rana Raj Singh ji died near ora kumbhalgarh in 1680, "While a horce rider" after hearing the death news of Rana, He also died near to the samadhi of Rana Raj Singh ji.
A place where you would still find heaps of hamlets, herds of cattle, rugged tree thickets and smoke from kilns. Villages in Rajasthan still owes a lot to people of Rajasthan who hold their culture in hand. A visit to Rajasthan village or houshold would be great idea to experience the rural style of living. Far from urban world, these villages offer a soul touching experience, much to be absorbed and felt. Unearthed the rustic villages of Rajasthan that have their own gatha to hold. Sail through Thar Desert on Camel back or try out delicious Rajasthani food, these villages has much to offer. Enthrall yourself with tribal dances or get lost in a puppet show, Rajasthan Villages have their own story to tell and you have your own to take back.
mayra caveare located in the dense forest. Perhaps because of it, Maharana Pratap made his arsenal. Before and after the Haldi ghati war, it was home to shelter cave arsenal of Maharana Pratap. From 1572 to 1597, Rana Pratap round down in the cave grass bread was eaten.
Gogunda was the capital of Mewar for some years, when Udai Singh shifted his base here and left Chittor for safety purpose. Udai Singh also died at Gogunda in 1572 and Maharana Pratap’s Raj Tilak (coronation) was performed here. It was near Gogunda that the Battle of Haldighati in 1576 was fought between the armies of Maharana Pratap and the Mughal Army under Raja Man Singh. In past centuries and during British Raj, the village of Gogunda was the seat of a feudal estate administered by a family belonging to the Jhala clan of Rajputs. The estate was part of the princely state of Mewar, and the family
The breath-holding view of splashing water amidst the marvelous backdrop of mountains will completely engorge you in the nature’s splendor. Your picnic mood will multiply many folds and you won’t be able to resist the desire to feel the cold, crystal clear water and get drenched in the downpour.
At Nagda in Rajasthan are the remains of the SahastraBahu temples of the early 10th century AD, dedicated to Vishnu. It is popularly referred to as Sas Bahu temples (a local corruption of the original Sahastra-Bahu, meaning “One with thousand arms”, a form of Vishnu). The temples are now in partial ruins but one can still marvel at their original splendour, the artisanry and the perfect geometry that must have been the hallmark of that era! The temple is on the Archaeological Survey of India's list of heritage monuments.
Molela village has emerged as a focal point of the art of making attractive votive, plaques or idols of gods with terracotta. While the early creations were originally standing idols of local deities and various Vishnu forms but today theses figures are often mounted on tiles or plaques and are hung from the walls of temples and homes. the traditional art form has been passed from generation to generation, through the sons of the family, evolving with each generation.
When Aurangzeb embarked on a policy of total destruction of Hindu temples, the custodians of the idol of Shrinathji of Govardhan near Mathura, left that place with the idol in search of a safe heaven. While several other princes were diffident, it was Maharana Raj Singh who dared to provide refuge. In 1672 AD Shrinathji was installed in a new temple built in Sinhad, now called Nathdwara on the banks of the river Banas. Ever since Nathdwara is a place of great sanctity for the vaishnavas of the pushtimargi or vallabha sect. Nathdwara is known for Pichwais (Large paintings on cloth depicting legends from the life of Lord Krishna ) and Haweli music ( devotional music, akin to dhrupad singing with composition meant for various seasons, festivals and sections of the day ) Shrinathji is the image of Lord Krishna. There are two different types of pooja - one is 'Nityotsava', daily routine and another 'Varshotsava', occasional or special. The former includes " Mangla, Shringar, Gwal, Rajbhog, Uthapan, Bhog, Arti and Shayan." Where as the later includes "Prakatyotsava, Patotsava, Basantotsava, Dolotsava, Nand Mahotsava, Shardotsava, Snan Yatra, Janmashthami, Gopashthami and Anna koot "etc.
Mangala 5:15 AM,Shrangar 7:00 AM.Gwal 8:30 AM, RajBhog 11:00 AM, Utthapan 3:30 PM, Bhog 4:30 PM, Arti 5:00 PM, Shayan 6:30 PM